Shepard Symposium GSA Day
On behalf of the Shepard Symposium on Social Justice, you and your students are cordially invited to attend the 20th Annual Shepard Symposium at the University Wyoming, April 5 – 8. This year’s theme is Rebel Health: Wellness Without Borders.
We have dedicated Saturday, April 8th solely to Gay Straight Alliances and diversity organizations from Wyoming and the surrounding region. GSA Day will offer concurrent sessions designed around topics of interest to students, a keynote speaker at our lunch event, and a fun interactive activity in the afternoon. We have also arranged a dance party with food, activities, prizes and a DJ for the students; location to be determined.
What we need from you:
• The number of students and chaperones that plan to attend GSA Day so we can adequately provide for all who attend.
• If there are any dietary restrictions, please submit a list via email with number of students and the particular allergy or restriction.
• If your students would like to hear a particular song, please submit a song request list that we can pass on to the DJ for the student dance.
• Don’t forget to register for the Symposium and Gay Straight Alliance Day at http://bit.ly/2gLzHhu and reserve student and chaperone admission to the GSA dance party.
• If you need funding for lodging at the Symposium or have questions, please contact me. We have limited funding to aid in the lodging expenses for those groups who travel more than one hour to get to Laramie. Please send me lodging needs (number of rooms for chaperons and students) no later than March 17, 2017.
• If travel aid is needed to get to Laramie, please contact Wyoming Equality as they have a fund set-up upon request for GSA travel to the Symposium. Contact: email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you all at the 3rd Annual Gay Straight Alliance Day, as well as, the 21st Annual Shepard Symposium on Social Justice.
Nicholas Theodore Jesse
GSA Committee Co-Chair